Biology of Trauma® Podcast
With Dr. Aimie Apigian
Episode 29: What Is The Physiology And Neurobiology Of The Trauma Respone?
What you will hear in this episode:
The state of the nervous system that is the trauma response The three steps of the trauma response Is it stress or is it the trauma response? Why the trauma response causes people to get sick physically What to do to not get stuck in the trauma response and move forward on your healing journey.
- [2:36] The 3 different states of the nervous system
- [4:09] Triggers are what start all trauma responses
- [6:50] When body goes into trauma response
- [10:18] The one key difference between stress and trauma
- [10:50] The piece of the trauma response that most people miss
- [11:20] Where the trauma response is communicated
- [12:56] Three things you can do to move forward in your healing journey
Interested to learn more about what I do? Click here.
You. Calm. Alive.
Be safely guided step-by-step through the essential process for addressing stored trauma in your body.
Disclaimer:By listening to this podcast, you agree not to use this podcast as medical advice to treat any medical condition in either yourself or others. Consult your own physician for any medical issues that you may be having. This entire disclaimer also applies to any guests or contributors to the podcast. Under no circumstances shall Trauma Healing Accelerated, any guests or contributors to The Biology of Trauma podcast, or any employees, associates, or affiliates of Trauma Healing Accelerated be responsible for damages arising from the use of the podcast.
I want to hear from you! I would love to hear your thoughts on this episode and let’s make them constructive! A few requests: Please refrain from including URLs and using yours or someone else’s business name to steer clear of spam. Please do use your personal name or initials.
Let’s have a constructive, positive and productive discussion!